The Clinical Manager of Pharmacy Services will provide oversight of clinical pharmacy services including inpatient, ambulatory, decentralized programs and remote services. This position will be responsible for planning, directing and providing leadership for clinical pharmacy specialist practicing in diverse adult and pediatric environments. The position provides ongoing direction for implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of the clinical and educational services. The position is also responsible for the efficient and purposeful integration of pharmacy services with other the organization services. This position exists to assist the Director in planning, directing and overall operation of the Pharmacy area. Accountable for day-to-day operations of unit(s) or center(s) through implementation of strategy, policy, direction and action plans. The incumbent will manage the ongoing analysis, development, and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of services and functions.
- Requires Pharm D. degree or clinically oriented M.S. degree and completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience (5-7 years of clinically oriented experience).
- Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy (BCPS) or another CPS specialty is preferred but not required.
- Experience in a pediatric pharmacy environment is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to dispensing of drugs and narcotics.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer-assisted devices.
- Requires ability to take initiative and lead target drug programs.
- Requires ability to be involved in multiple tasks/projects, plan and manage the utilization of resources and facilitate and lead work groups.
- Requires ability to apply the organization personnel policies and procedures.