Celebrating nearly 85 years of caring for our community, our client is an award-winning 332-bed not-for-profit hospital centrally located on Florida’s Treasure Coast. An integral part of the healthcare community, and well known for an award-winning Heart Center, comprehensive cancer program at a comprehensive Cancer Center, and nationally-recognized vascular surgery and orthopedic services. The hospital boasts a modern Emergency Department, a state-of-the-art wound healing center, and a maternity wing that welcomes more than 1,200 babies into the world each year.
Clinical Pharmacy Manager:
Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, is primarily responsible for the planning, implementation and oversight of clinical pharmacy activities, programs and services. These include assisting in the development of Clinical Pathways and implementing staff development programs. This position is also required to be an active member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Infection Control Committee, Clinical Resource Team and other committees as appropriate. As needed, this individual will have input to the Medication Safety Committee. Also serves in the role of Clinical Advocate for the patient in the area of pharmacotherapeutics and works and coordinates with nurses, pharmacists and physician to optimize clinical pharmacy services to the patient. Responsible for planning, directing and providing leadership for pharmacists practicing in diverse clinical environments. Responsible for the ongoing direction and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of the clinical and educational services. Responsible for the efficient and purposeful integration of pharmacy services with other patient care services. Responsible for coordinating the Pharmacy Residency Program.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
1.Considerable initiative and judgment involved in solving pharmaceutical chemical and pharmacological problems, requisitioning supplies and furnishing information to physicians and nurses.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
4. Exhibits the ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
5. Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience required.
6. BCPS certification preferred.
7. Completion of a course at an accredited school of Pharmacy leading to a degree of PharmD or equivalent experience required.
8. Compliance with continuing education regulations for Florida licensure required.
1. Licensed, as required by law for practice of Pharmacy by the State of Florida.
2. Two (2) to three (3) years clinical pharmacy experience required.
3. Two (2) to three (3) years as Clinical Coordinator preferred.