CLINICAL PHARMACY SPECIALIST, INFECTIOUS DISEASE:
We have been retained by a Massachusetts based Health System in the Greater Boston area to identify candidates for a Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator/Infectious Disease role.
The purpose of this position is to provide an expert level consultation to the pharmacy, medical and nursing staff in the area of antibiotic stewardship and utilization.
The Pharmacy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Collaborates with infectious diseases [ID] providers and other professionals to run an antimicrobial stewardship program and Infectious Diseases Management Program
- Develops intervention strategies to optimize antibiotic utilization, including but not limited to antibiotic guidelines, clinical pathways, restricted use criteria, and policy development
- Provides collaborative pharmaceutical care with staff pharmacists to patients receiving anti-infective therapy
- Establishes a means to report and monitor ongoing anti-infective utilization
- Identifies opportunities for improvement regarding anti-infective use, including but not limited to performing medication use evaluations and conducting prospective audits
- Works closely with the Infection Control Department and participate in their meetings
- Performs formulary evaluation for anti-infectives
- Evaluates medication error reduction strategies related to anti-infectives
- Serves as the pharmacy department liaison with the Infectious Diseases division in both the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Serves on committees for both hospital and clinic as directed by the Director of Pharmacy
- Two years hospital pharmacy practice and clinical pharmacy practice experience in an Infectious Diseases
- Post graduate year 1 [PGY1] in Pharmacy Practice; or equivalent experience
- Post graduate year 2 [PGY2] in Infectious Diseases; or equivalent experience
- BS Pharmacy; or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (Pharm D)
- Knowledge and expertise of pharmacotherapy clinical pharmacy practice in Infectious Diseases with experience in Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy and / or Board Certification in Specialty Practice
Please call in confidence 401-885-1002 if you have any additional questions or interest.