We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacy Manager who will provide direction and leadership for the Pharmacy department clinical services, and manage standardized clinical pharmacy programs to optimize efficiency, safety and cost effective medication use in collaboration with the medical staff. This position works collaboratively with the Director of Pharmacy and other Pharmacy leadership team members to develop implement and maintain progressive and best practice health-system pharmacy services. Other important components of this position are the planning and management of clinical Pharmacy initiatives to include staff development and management, policy development and management with a focus on safety, quality and best practice.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supports the pharmacy's pharmacoeconomic efforts. Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures and protocols. Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners.
- Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed. Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Provides education and information on pharmaceutical care and drug therapy.
- Supervises and instructs pharmacists, pharmacy residents, and pharmacy students. Documents this interaction and oversees the competency training of individuals in the department.
- Oversees the preparation of drug reviews, MUE criteria, antibiotic sensitivity data, adverse drug reaction reports, medication errors, and pharmacy interventions summary to the P&T committee.
- Participates in community educational programs.
- Pharm D from an accredited college or university or BS in Pharmacy from an accredited pharmacy school, college or university with 3-5 years of clinical pharmacy experience
- Current Illinois State Pharmacist License, eligibility
- Clinical Pharmacy Residency preferred
- BCPS certification in Critical care or Pharmacotherapy preferred
- Supervisory experience of greater than 5 people in clinical setting within last 5 years preferred