Sierra Staffing Published: July 5, 2017
Award-winning multi-hospital health system. As a not-for-profit system, they offer a broad spectrum of services - from diagnostic and medical procedures to advanced surgical options and rehabilitative care. The flagship hospital is a regional referral hospital that offers the following:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Chest Pain Center
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Level 4 Epilepsy Center
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Magnet Designated Hospital
CLINICAL STAFF PHARMACIST
We have an immediate opening for an experienced health system pharmacist to practice at a progressive academic medical center. The system is located in Virginia with close proximity to Washington DC. Predominantly a day shift schedule with very little evening and weekend rotations. The Clinical Pharmacists perform the following:
- Participates in patient care rounds with direct patient/family interaction, when feasible, obtains pertinent information required to determine the efficacy of drug therapy.
- Provides drug intervention during rounds to the team prior to medication therapy is ordered, like IV to PO conversion, automatic therapeutic interchange, and formulary management in specialty area.
- Consults with healthcare providers about drugs without indications, conditions without therapy, contact HMOs with respect to reimbursement eligibility.
- Evaluates compliance with guidelines/recommendations, including DUE, established by the hospital P&T Committee. Educates the appropriate practitioners to ensure accountability with compliance.
- Documents all interventions provided during rounds, evaluates patient response to drug therapy and measure patient outcomes
The ideal candidate will have at a minimum two years of hospital pharmacy experience. Residency training highly desirable but not required. Requires a B.S. in Pharmacy and/or a Pharm.D.