Leadership Opportunity for experienced Administrative Pharmacist with comprehensive Ambulatory, Specialty, Retail/Outpatient Pharmacy experience:
Sierra Staffing has been a leader for over 22 years in the area of Health System Pharmacy Recruitment. We have been retained by MemorialCare Health System based in Long Beach, California to identify and evaluate candidates for this high profile leadership opportunity.
As the Executive Director for the Ambulatory Pharmacy program, you will work closely with the Vice President of Pharmacy in organizing and directing pharmacy operations and personnel for all outpatient pharmacy services. This role has primary responsibility to provide leadership, planning, and implementation of pharmaceutical care and services, billing and collections for patients in the ambulatory care setting. This individual ensures that outstanding customer service is provided while complying with legal and regulatory requirements. In conjunction with overall hospital strategic plan, facilitates ambulatory pharmacy new business growth/development including payer negotiation, implementation of new contracts, monitoring of financial indicators, and modification of business strategy to sustain profitability.
- California Registered Pharmacist License prior to Start Date
- Pharmacy Leadership or Management in Retail Pharmacy, Ambulatory or Outpatient pharmacy department
- Knowledge and understanding of California Pharmacy law, Department of Health Services Title 22, G.M.P., HCFA and DEA regulations and TJC standards is required
- 3+ years of proven and demonstrated leadership experience at the integrated delivery network (IDN)/system level/Regional Director
- Extensive knowledge of retail, specialty, and pharmaceutical-related products and services, including 340B, specialty pharmacy and other pharmacy related population health opportunities
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA, MHA, MS) is strongly preferred