Sierra Staffing Published: June 8, 2017
We are seeking a Director of Pharmacy for this progressive Community Hospital located within minutes of the beautiful Oregon coast line. As the Director of Pharmacy, you will lead a state of the art and fully automated hospital pharmacy. The Pharmacy program is staffed 24/7 with de-centralized pharmacy services. The Director will be responsible for the operation and management of the pharmacy department with a total staff of 30 FTE’s:
- Plan for both short and long-range goals of the department in concert with the mission and vision of the hospital;
- Integrate pharmacy services based on a clinical pharmacy model to establish a multidisciplinary approach toward improving patient care;
- Determine the objectives of the department; plan, organize, and direct general pharmacy policies and procedures;
- Determine job objectives, work methods, and performance standards/recognition;
- Prepare, monitor, and administer the pharmacy services operations and capital budget;
- Coordinates activities of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee;
- Assure that pharmacy computer systems are contemporary, optimized, and appropriately integrated into other systems;
- Seek innovative ways to reduce/contain costs while ensuring quality services and improve medication safety.
- $80 million dollar expansion project underway with plans to move and build a brand new expanded pharmacy – drawings already in place.
- Expand already robust antibiotic stewardship program.
- Currently utilizing Meditech and plans to migrate towards EPIC or Cerna
Qualified candidates will have a Pharm.D. and/or B.S. in Pharmacy and a minimum of 2 years current or recent demonstrated leadership experience in a hospital pharmacy setting. Although not required, the ideal candidate will also have an MBA and/or administrative residency. The director of our dynamic pharmacy must have an appreciation for clinical pharmacy services, a visionary leader and have proven ability as a team builder.