MANAGER, SPECIALTY PHARMACY SERVICES: - Media
Under direction of the Senior Director of Pharmacy, the specialty pharmacy manager oversees clinic based specialty pharmacy resources. Responsible for data analysis, business development, project go live for key initiatives, provides oversight and support for operations including cost-effective service delivery, consistently meeting customer expectations related to service, clinical effectiveness and patient safety; development and implementation of quality measurement and improvement programs, human resources management, regulatory compliance, program implementation, purchase of capital equipment and supplies and effective financial management related to productivity and budgeting.
Responsible for all aspects of Pharmacy Operations within the specialty pharmacy including inventory , personnel/staffing, scheduling, compliance, marketing, billing, financial/budgeting with emphasis on customer service.
- Coordinate the identification, communication and resolution of problems relating to daily activities of specialty clinical pharmacists.
- Encourages and stimulates excellence among employees in work habits, area maintenance, mutual respect and customer service.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of programs and policies for monitoring and enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of pharmacy services.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and motivation of staff by assuring the timely resolution of personnel issues, ongoing communication of performance expectations and the completion of performance reviews.
- Communicates the status of projects, staff concerns, and problems to the Associate Director on a weekly basis.
Pharm.D. Required. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience as a Supervising Pharmacist or management in a retail/clinical environment. MBA not required but highly desirable.