Medication Safety Pharmacist
Our client, a major health system located within close proximity to Washington D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia is looking for a Medication Safety Pharmacist. This individual will function as a medication safety and regulatory expert for the entire health system. Reviews, coordinates, administers and implements medication safety initiatives. Acts as a liaison representing the Department of Pharmacy to review and improve medication processes. Monitors adverse drug event trends and coordinates actions to improve. Serves as a resource to system Pharmacy directors and managers.
- Manages Medical Center data collection, analysis, and timely review of medication safety related events and practices, including reports of ADRs and medication errors.
- Participates in root-cause analysis of significant medication errors. Examines systems failures and human factors contributing to medication errors
- Leads Health System Safe-Med Committee and serves as member of committees or teams related to performance improvement and medication management (examples: P&T Committee and Formulary Committee)
- Participate in development and review of medication safety and clinical decision support for the electronic health record.
- Provides direct feedback to medical center staff about medication problems and actions to improve medication safety.