Washington, DC, metro area.
As Pharmacy Manager, you will coordinate and delegate all daily operations in the main hospital pharmacy. The emphasis in this role will be managing the pharmacy program for the Main Inpatient Pharmacy, Operating Room and Heart and Vascular services. You must have the ability to manage workload, supervise pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and resolve daily challenges independently. Some of the day to day responsibilities include schedule development, completing staff annual evaluations, participates in hiring decisions, provides staff counseling and initiates discipline process when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of supervisory/management experience in an institutional environment. He/She will be able to thrive in a fast paced hospital environment. Must be an excellent communicator and have the ability to effectively lead a team and foster working relationships with peers, nurses and physician as well as other staff. Will also have interaction with pharmacy students and interns.Acts as a liaison for other department, medical sections and patients regarding pharmaceutical care issues.
· Reports to Director of Pharmacy
· Pharmacy Staff: approximately 100 FTEs
· Budget: $80M non-salary
· Pharmacy Information System: Epic
· Automation: Accudose 8.2 Dispensing cabinets
· Pharmacy services that support a variety of patient care services, including: Cardiology, neurosurgery, inpatient and outpatient hospital based oncology and non-oncology infusion services, organ transplantation (kidney, heart, pancreas, liver)
B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. is required. MBA and/or Administrative Residency is preferred.