Hospital based opportunity located within close proximity to Virginia Beach and coast line of Virginia. We are seeking a seasoned hospital pharmacist to manage the pharmacy program. Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy Services, the Pharmacy Manager is responsible for the supervision and management of daily pharmacy operations and activities, including staff scheduling, personnel performance assessment, staff development, daily purchase and control of drugs and supplies, distribution and clinical functions, maintenance of the pharmacy computer system and automated dispensing machine databases, and assisting in operating and capital budget preparation. He/she acts as a liaison with nursing, medical staff, and other departments regarding pharmacy operations; assists in coordinating activities relating to formulary management, drug usage evaluation, clinical activities, program expansion, and in-service education.
- Manages, directs, and coordinates departmental activities in accordance with accepted practice, standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, appropriate regulatory requirements including the Board of Pharmacy, and medical center policy.
- Assists in the preparation of written departmental policies and procedures necessary for adherence to regulations, and JCO Standard
- Prepares annual operating and capital equipment budgets for the departme
- Coordinates activities with Nursing and other departments to assure adequacy and quality of Pharmaceutical service
- Coordinates activities and serves on committees as directed by Pharmacy Director.
- Manages all personnel activities such as employment, counseling, training, performance evaluations, terminations, et
- Supervises the requisition and purchase of inventory of all Pharmaceuticals and other supplies necessary to the operation of the department
- Establish and maintains effective working relationships with other department managers, Medical Staff and subordinate
- Directs the preparation of work schedules and assignments and directs the daily work of all pharmacy staff.
- Oversees accuracy and technical quality of all work performed in the department
- Assures that an acceptable Quality Assurance Program is maintained for the department
- Assists in the continuing education and training of department staff.
- Responsible for ensuring the Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians license is current as required by Board of Pharmacy and Organizational Policy.