DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY SERVICES
Our client, a multi-hospital system located in the greater Chicago area is looking for an administrative Pharmacy Leader to manage pharmacy services across the entire system. The system provides comprehensive state of the art services in all practice areas including open-heart surgery, cardiac catheterization, cancer services, an obstetrics unit with labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum suites, a dedicated pediatrics unit, a freestanding rehabilitation and wellness center and a 100,000 square foot Outpatient Center with dedicated outpatient diagnostic services and surgical suites.
Reporting to the V.P., this individual will function as a Director of Pharmacy with complete system wide administrative responsibilities including Policy and Procedures, budget preparation, Planning, QA Projects, and JCAHO compliance. All within a highly sophisticated and automated state of the art pharmacy complete with the latest in pharmacy systems automation.
The ideal candidate will have a background and experience that includes:
- Hospital experience leading a Pharmacy Services Department, including budget management, staff development and accountability for a smooth transition to new systems.
- Experience in developing standards and work methods to assure quality and appropriateness of patient care provided by the Pharmacy Department.
- Development and continued evaluation of clinical Pharmacy programs through multidisciplinary care team.
- Implementation of policies and procedures related to pharmacy services
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from accredited college of pharmacy, Masters and/or Pharm D. preferred, with 3 to 5 years experience in leadership role in hospital Pharmacy Services preferred.